Respected Houston Squash players,
There have been some changes and updates to our plans for “Houston: Squashing for a purpose 2018 squash tournament”. Due to the large majority of you being out of town for 4th of July weekend, We have decided to postpone the tournament till July 27-29 (Entry deadline: July 23). We postpone the charity tournament in an attempt to have more players in the tournament and make it a Houston-wide event!
Another change is that instead of the original format, we have decided to change the format. In light of the worldwide phenomenon known as the FIFA world Cup, we have decided to carry our tournament in the same manner. Our “World Cup” format will comprise of small groups where entrants will play group stage matches and the best performing players will advance to the knockout stages.
We have changed the format to make this tournament a more intriguing one for players around houston and hopefully draw more players (from all levels) to the Downtown Club at the Met on July 27- 29 2018!
The new flyer for the event has been attached!
A quick recap of our charity tournament:
Houston: Squashing for a Purpose
- Dates: July 27, 2018-July 29, 2018
- All levels encouraged to play
- Regular Entry Deadline (no late fee): July 23, 2018
- $60 entry fee before Regular entry deadline ( (payments will be accepted on July 27, 2018in cash and check only)
- $75 late entrant fee (after regular entry deadline)
- Proceeds donated to Local charity (Feed the Children) dedicated to combating hunger
- 2 matches guaranteed
- Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up (please include desired shirt size)
- Location: “The Downtown Club at the Met” 340 W Dallas St, Houston, TX 77002
This truly is a great opportunity to support the global community and showcase your squash skills at the same time!
We hope to see you “squashing” the competition at Houston: Squashing for a Purpose